On this page we honor the memory of our friends who have passed over to the other side of the Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

My everything!



Mix Design`s Chateau Dauzac, Totte was his name!

On the 21e jan 1988 I, Ulrika, sat at the puppy bed when Thad`s Batzeba, Tösen gave birth to my Totte.
AMCH SUCH Glyndebourne`s Bolero was his dad.
I was 15 years old and had finally been promised a dog!
Valpen skulle vara efter Tösen som var en av de sötaste svarta dvärgschnauzrar jag sett och som vi ofta var hundvakt åt.The puppy was going to be after Tösen who was one of the cutest black miniature schnauzers I had ever seen.

Totte and I grew up together, we did everything as a team and I got known in town as "that girl with the dog".
He followed me everywhere, and almost never had a leash on throughout his life. He was mine and I was his.

I smuggled him in to the movies and to school, we trained on the working dog club, and he followed when I studied to become an SBK instructor. He loved learning funny tricks and could do almost anything, he trained agility until he hurt his back . then we began doing blood tracking and he was about 6 years old. He loved it and we kept tracking until he was 14 years and 8 months. He was gk in anlagsklass with HP and 42 points, several times over, and started in öppen klass a few times where he got a 2nd prize each time but because he was afraid of gunshots, he never got a 1st prize and we kept competing in anlagsklass where he even won the dreverklubbens vandringspris.

He was a true oldfashioned miniature schnauzer - ravenblack fur, more wirey than I had ever seen before, down to his paws. He loved his family, me in particular and then 'daddy', after that my mother and father and maybe a few more, the rest of the population of the earth he didn't care about at all.

His favorite spot was by my parents summer cabin - high up by the birch tree he'd spend his entire days guarding the yard. There was a stream he'd swim in every hot day.



When I moved out of home 20 years old he followed me.

We showed him 2-3 times but his ears were a bit wobbly, and I didn't have the heart to tape them down back then. Show wasn't really our thing.

Altough he didn't have any fancy titles, and altough he wasn't a conformation champion, even though he wasn't the father of countless litters he DID have a heart of gold, and he was my most faithful friend and companion. He was wiser than any dog I have ever met.

When I looked into his eyes, there was a wiseness that scared me - he always understood everything.

I loved him and he loved me!
Over everything else!
We would have died for eachother.

But all good things must come to an en, Totte was healthy and alert to his final day. A little stiffer, not hearing all too well, a little tired but still alert. On the last day, 11 days before he would have turned 15, we went out in the morning to look for bitches in heat...

After an errand to town I got back home and my boy sat in his basket in the bedroom. I knew something was wrong because he'd usually lie waiting for me in the living room window. His head kept leaning to the side, and when he tried to walk he had a hard time walking straight. I called my husband and my parents, they came and hugged, kissed him and we went to the vet who said that something could be wrong with his ear and that we should go home and wait over the night. We did, but I knew...



The day after I got an appointment with the vet we had always gone to, and whom I trusted, and when it was decided I sat down in the lap of my husband and cried, and Totte came into the room with his head to the side. He lay down beside us and didn't try to get up again - he knew - so we went to our vet who said that it was a cerebral infarction but that Totte perhaps could learn to live with it... but I had promised myself the day he was born that he would never have to live for my sake. Not only that, my dog - the king of the neighborhood - would have to learn to live with walking with his head tilting to the side and not being able to walk straight?! Never!

He passed away in our laps while eating a gold nougat wich was what he loved more than anything but had not been able to eat for a long time in consideration of his stomach.

And when his heart stopped beating - I died too.

Apiece of my heart will never be complete again!

I miss him so, even today,11 years later.

There is nobody like him and there will never be.
My everything!